The Mind of Scuba

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Just call me D-3...

So starting about last week sometime, Murph and I started this little debate about just .how good of a basketball player I am. Right now, we agree on the fact that I am a decent street/playground player. I think it goes a step further though. I think I could walk onto a Division 3 basketball team, and play some decent minutes, if not start. Murph thinks that even if I make the team, I would be riding the pine pony. Now I have to admit, I have lost a couple of steps as the years have gone by. Ever since I broke off a good chunk of my radial head, (the bone on the inside of your elbow, which I broke by dunking the ball) I don't have the handle and I have had to change my shot a bit. Plus the time laid up, I lost about 8 inches on my vertical which I haven't gained back. (Was 36 inchs now only 28ish) But I know my fundamentals, infect I would go as far and say that Niesmith smiles when I have the ball, because I don't travel, like everyone else in the NBA. Given about 6 more months though, I will be able to pull off the train that when I return to school this fall, I will be the Shot Blocking, mid-range jumper shooting, high flying dunker, vice like defense playing White Insanity, aka Whi-Sanity, (Like Vin-Sanity).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home