The Mind of Scuba

Sunday, February 12, 2006

You know you live in the South....

So today, when I woke up, it was freezing. Florida is being hit with record low temps, with highs reaching into the upper 40s. It is even suppose to dip into the 20s tonight and tomorrow mourning. So today when I went grocery shopping, it was like I was living up north, excpt for a hand full of occurances that reminded me of where I was. For starters, walking into wal-mart, there was an old Ford Bronco parked on the sidewalk. This was no ordinary Bronco though, oh no, this one was decked out in a camo paint job. There was probably a gun rack in the back. Then when I got into the store I was cut off by a 5' 0" adult cowboy. There was this little man deck out in everything but the assless chaps, quite the funny seen. Then I came home and flip on the TV and turn to watch the olympics which where just starting. The thing was, the olympic coverage cut the Daytona 500 qualifying short, and they started the Olympic coverage before the Daytona coverage was finished. When they announced that they were not going to be showing the end of the Daytona coverage, you could here every person who lived beneath the Mason Dickson line cry. It was these things I have to remind me of where I am now living, that and the fact that 50 degrees is concidered a winter colf front down here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home