The Mind of Scuba

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

My Take on Immigration

I have a real problem with illegal immigration. The reason, not because I don't want more people to come into the United States, or because I hate foreiner, but simply this, IT IS ILLEGAL! I am all for legal immigrating, I understand a vast vast vast majority of the world is living in inhumane conditions. I totally understand why someone from Mexico, Cuba, China, the Philippians would want to become a citizen here, yet they need to go about it in a legal manner. Yes Bush and congress need to restructure the current immigration policies, but that still is no excuse for people to enter illegally. It seems that people don't truly understand what that does to the structure of our country. I heard the other day a man claiming that he was an illegal alien and that he demanded to be made a citizen immediately. He said he wasn't doing anything wrong, ie: breaking the law, and that he wasn't stealing anything from anyone. Excuse me, but you broke the law just by entering the country, and by holding a job, you are stealing that job away from an unemployed legal citizen. Liberal are complaining their are no jobs and that we need to help the unemployed, yet the demand that we make all illegal alien citizens instantly. Now obvious a mass deportation in not feasible, but nor is making them all instantly citizens. I liked some of Bush's ideas that he talked about two days ago, about making them temporary citizen/making the go through a process much like the green card process just tweaked to suite their needs. He did turn me off though when he started talking about how they could have the jobs the "real americans wouldn't want to do". I know there are people in this country, americans, aliens, minorities, whites alike that would do anything to earn an income period. Basically it comes down to this, We need to change the system, but there is no extreme answer, both sides need to work together to come up with a nice medium...and breaking the law is never the answer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home